Friday, August 27, 2010

By Madeleine Suarez


Immigration feelings
Once upon a time, I arrived to a new country. Immediately I learned one thing: I was not prepared for so many changes. My first objective was to adapt as soon as possible, but my possibilities were no according with my desires. I became unstable; my moods were affected because my foundation was another and I don’t know how to walk on a strange environment. Everything was different, even the facial expressions that comes with the language, neither I understood the words I studied long time ago. Although I knew some people from my native country, they were so affected by a very deep transmutation, that I couldn’t recognize their behavior; I could not predict the answers, the projections. I felt lost and ashamed. Without intention, I could hear myself expressing my beliefs in the wrong now days most commonly way to do it.

I was looking for a new free live, but I do not how to handle it. Now I have to run, to struggle with the person I was, hopefully I am changing too. For the best? I hope so.

Even the phrases that conformed or amaze our personalities are obsoletes, for example, “little details”. There is no time for me to invest time in “little details”.

Surrounding us was an army of supportively family members doing their best to reorient us into the new universe. Sometimes we can achieve their guidance’s; in certain moments, our comprehension of their statements was not truly right.

Time is money. In addition, we lost a lot of it hidden ourselves in our caves, while we were trying to process the information.

To be continued. Let’s see what happens in the future.

Miami, January 29, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment