Friday, August 27, 2010

By Joseph Imhauser


It was her first visit in five years. I had grown up since the last time she had been here and it felt like she was here to save me one last time. A cross-country road trip with my mother was not something I had foreseen, but I was looking forward to the time spent with her. During the week she stayed with me I wanted to show her who I had become; I wanted her to take pride in meeting the man I turned into and seeing how I had matured. My intention was for her to experience my life as she had when I was a child; a gesture to bring us closer together. There were car problems as we began the drive and instead of taking the risk we decided to ship my possessions and I sold my car. The next morning she bought a plane ticket home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment