Friday, August 27, 2010

By Francesca Penzani


I was around 15/16 years old in Bergamo Italy; at times during the day or in the middle of the night, i used to lay down on the bed or walk around my family apartment, looking out the window and watching the tall church tower and the bells that played every 1/2 hour. Time passing by and i was fantasizing to be free, to travel, to see the world and learn other cultures, doing theatre and may be dance ( i had never taken dance classes before, so i was really dreaming....they said that to be a dancer you had to start early).
Somehow I had the urge that I had to leave my country and my culture to dare to do what I desired. To break out free from conventions, expectations and limitations.
My heart was crying that I didn't want to leave my mom, my friends, and some of my family.
But my heart was also pounding so strong....... and deep down I knew I had to leave. I didn't have any other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment