Friday, August 27, 2010

By Jahcobie Cosom


Metempsychosis
 (Dedicated to Gloribi Ruiz and Jessica Estelle Huggins)

Nostalgic innocence began with Toy Story in 95’-
and succumbed to death with Toy Story 3, tonight- a decade and a half later.
In between the slug there were moments of:
culture
beauty,
lust,
triumph,
death,
then disease.

My mind broke, before, like Mr. Potato Head- into pieces, making it then possible for me, to be forced to sit in solitude, trapped within myself.
All of the other seats were filled with emptiness so I hazardously accepted the familiarity of my own existence.

Later, basking affected- I tilted my seat back.
After moments of silent words, driving down McBean-
I wanted to dance to the beat but my knees shifted petals uneasy.-
So I prayed, and prayed. Like I pray everyday!
That with the coming of mind and it’s clarity,
may come my body, and may my soul one day dance (like david) with the lord in the spirit of another man.

My skin hangs, lowering day by day reminding me that I can never run free from 20 years of morbidity.

However, like my best friends I can “glow” and be “divine”, indulging in the light of maturation with silence dancing by my sides.
Resilience began in 90’ and still burns- something that can never die.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. You are such an amazing person, artist and lover. I can't believe that I was this Blessed to have a bf like you ;)

    ReplyDelete